Silently transcribing during sensitive and rushed situations allows clinicians more time to focus on patient care
Accurately document patient information without being overheard by others while additionally eliminating all background noise.
Voice technology in healthcare is not yet the ubiquitous application that we believe it will soon become. The major concerns are patient privacy, HIPAA compliance, potentially leaving confidential information unprotected and the challenge of clear voice communication in a noisy and busy clinical setting, particularly when complex medical vocabulary is required.
Many physicians use voice technology for clinical decision support and documentation in their office or home however they are much less inclined to do so in the presence of their patients.
There is a practical and affordable solution to this problem.
Talk Technologies engineers and manufactures specialized microphones (stenomasks) that allow clinicians to use speech recognition and verbally communicate in public without anyone overhearing them. Our voice isolating technology enables private transcription and verbal communication while simultaneously eliminating all background noise.
Stenomask functions like a sound-booth only in pocket sized form, guaranteeing clear voice communications in loud and busy clinical settings. There is no need to find a quiet and secure office to verbally document a patient’s sensitive information when using a stenomask. Whether you have the dictations transcribed by an assistant or use speech recognition software, the process is now completely private. Ensure your patients care plans are put in place quickly and privately so you can spend more time on patient care.
- Complies with HIPAA privacy and security rules
- Decreases potential security risks and protects the privacy of individuals’ health information
- Lightweight, affordable and road worthy durability
- Compatible with all speech recognition software including Dragon medical
- No start up time or learning curve, simply plug in and go
- Doctors that use clinical speech recognition are 23% happier
- They feel more confident about technology and have a better experience
- They move freely, spend more time with patients and can go home on time
Privately transcribing anywhere is an antidote to burnout. It helps doctors feel better about documentation, more satisfied and freer to practice as they see fit.